Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist
8112280

I have been lisik from 10 years ago, and Dr. told me by the

Customer Question

I have been lisik from 10 years ago, and Dr. told me by the time when I did this surgery. I might have more serious dry eye symtom later years. Now , I am really suffer from this very dry eyes every minutes. Plus I have allergy eye as well. One more important thing is I have been using Vision eye drop for red eye ( Workplace ) for a long times. I found out is very helpful especially at work. My vision can totally changed, more clear and of course no pinkish ( red blood vessel all in my eye) or eye immediately. I have asked my eye Dr. about this, he wants me to stop using it anymore, or eles will get worse and need surgery later on. I certainly know what the worst case . I have tried not using Vison -Red eyes at work place for 2 days but can not stand it anymore , as not just from appeal outside , I feel much more comfortable at least put one time each day.

By the way, I have using dry eys drop at least 10 times a day. It is become more annyoing and more anxious. Only help a bit not too much. Beside these, I am using Pantonol for allergy Twice a day. PLease...Help...Much appreciated !

Your very anxious ,
LEE
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stevens replied 6 years ago.

Hello Lee

what eye drop exactly do you use 10 times daily ? How many times a day do you use Visine (formulation to get the red out) ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am using the most before --SYSTANE for a long times, then my eye Dr. suggest me may be switch to other brand for dry eye, he gave me different sample for eye drop, like .Refresh ultra, Refresh tears, Refresh Liqu gel (he told me this gel one best to use before bed time)

Thanks !

Hello there

for such dry eye, I suggest a preservative free formulation such as the Celluvisc by Refresh. This is something you can use many times a day without the risk of the preservatice causing some irritation. If you are truly using these products so often, it makes sense to consider punctal plugs (tiny silicone plugs) that keep the tears on the surface of the eyes. Also restasis is definitely something that should be considered. It will help you make more tears naturally. Anytime, any of my patients use drops more than 3 times a day, I feel they deserve to be on aggressive therapy for their dry eye. you need to discuss these 2 options with your ophthalmologist, no need to suffer as you do, I wish you well, Dr. Stevens

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, Dr. Stevens,

Thanks for this good suggestion. Wondering if I can do my follw up with free after I used this ?

Regards,

Lee

Hello Lee

you are able to post replies here as long as you do not close out the question, and you can follow up in regards XXXXX XXXXX matter without having to press accept again. Regards XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Dr. Stevens,

As your suggestion < I have started the eye drop from Refresh, yes only used one time last night. It certainly different feeling. I should be find out the diffent after one week. But here again, what will be the worst case, if I keep using the Vision ( the workplace, for Red eyes) , may be once a day ?

Your replay is much appreciated :)

Lee

Once a day use as needed will be OK, but after some time, you will note that you will not need that as much, and the eyes will look less red over time. Regards XXXXX XXXXX