Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

What could cause dry mouth with thick white saliva, no other

Customer Question

What could cause dry mouth with thick white saliva, no other problem that can see.
Bloods checked 3 months ago,full blood count, liver, kidneys, diabetis and colesterol all ok>
Taking bp medication coversil plus and emcor 10mg??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Sjogren's syndrome is a well-known cause for dry mouth. It is an auto-immune disorder that causes dry mouth and can also cause dryness of other mucous membranes of the body (eyes, nose, genitalia). There is a blood test that can be done to determine if this is what is affecting you.

Also your blood pressure medication can be causing you to have dry mouth.

Does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Did you have any other questions?