Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

what does mean when ive got a white dot on the iris of my eyeball

Customer Question

what does mean when ive got a white dot on the iris of my eyeball it feels scratchy and irratated but not sensitive to light
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. This white dot likely represents an infection in the cornea. This type of infection, if left untreated, has the capability of worsening to the point the vision can be permanently damaged by scarring. To that end I would recommend that you see your eye doctor as soon as you are able to get the necessary treatment. Those people with this type of infection and that wear contact lenses or who have had prior eye surgery are at an increased risk for worsening infection.

Does this make sense and does this help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.