Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

HI, A FEW DAYS AGO I EXPERIENCED A SCARY THINK WITH MY EYES.

Customer Question

HI, A FEW DAYS AGO I EXPERIENCED A SCARY THINK WITH MY EYES. I WAS IN EUROPE, ON A CRUISE SHIP SITING BY THE POOL READING. {A CLOUDY DAY} WHEN I LOOKED UP EVERYTHING IN THE DISTANCE WAS BLURRED. I COULD NOT MAKE OUT PEOPLES FACES, SIGNS OR ETC. IT REMAINED THAT WAY FOR A COUPLE HOURS. I WENT UP TO OUR ROOM TO LIE DOWN BECAUSE I ALSO FELT NAUSEOUS, SLEPT FOR 90 MINUTES AND WHEN I WOKE MY VISION WAS OKAY. SINCE THEN MY DISTANCE VISION SEEMS TO BE OKAY BUT MY UP-CLOSE SEEMS TO BE WORST.
I SAW MY CARDIOLOGIST WHEN I CAME HOME AND EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT OKAY, DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS WHAT TO DO FROM HERE OR SHOULD I JUST WAIT AND SEE IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN?
THANK YOU,
PATTY
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Customer :

Hi

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Do you understand and accept those terms?

Customer :

Are you there?

Customer :

yes

Dr. James :

Yes.

Dr. James :

Thank you.

Dr. James :

Do you have any blurry vision at distance now?

Dr. James :

Do you have any eye pain?

Customer :

no

Dr. James :

Do you currently have any nausea?

Customer :

no

Dr. James :

The short answer is I recommend you get an exam in the coming week.

Dr. James :

The combination of your symptoms suggest you might have had an attack of glaucoma, or sudden increase in eye pressure.

Customer :

do you think this can be serious?

Dr. James :

This can cause your vision to be blurry associated with nausea and eye pain.

Dr. James :

It can be.

Dr. James :

If you develop these symptoms again, I'd recommend you see an eye doctor right away or go to the ER.

Customer :

i didn't have any pain.

Dr. James :

Since the symptoms are gone now, then it can wait until this coming week.

Dr. James :

It is usually associated with pain, but not always.

Customer :

should I go to a special eye Dr.?

Dr. James :

You should mention your symptoms of blurry vision with nausea to your ophthalmologist. He should check for glaucoma and perform a special diagnostic test called a gonioscopy.

Dr. James :

You should see an ophthalmologist.

Customer :

Thank you!

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer :

I will make an appointment for next week. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't understand how {just answer} works, do I have to pay everytime I ask a question?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.

If it is related to the original question, you are welcome to ask followup questions.

You are welcome to "accept" multiple answers in which case a second charge will incur.

What can I help you with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If I ask another Dr. a question, will I have to pay for it? Also, am I enrolled in the monthly club where I pay $18.00 a month?
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Since you are enrolled in the monthly club, then I don't believe you have to pay extra. If the question is different than this original question, then you should post a new question.