Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

My grandson accidently hit me on my eye and I wanted t be sure

My grandson accidently hit me on my eye and I wanted t be sure thre was no bleeding therein. So I stopped by an eyeglass shop and requested the optomistrist to look in my eye as I had just seen my opthalmolgist for my yearly exam which I told her. But she insisted that I go tho the routine of looking into three machines before she could look into my eye. These machines are said to measure cataracs,glaucoma and near or far sightedness. Question: Is there any danger associated with the use of these machines?
Thank you in advance for your response.

BB
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician. ?

Dr. James :

The testing your optometrist wants to do is routine and is appropriate for your problem.

Dr. James :

One of the machine measures eye pressure and is important in this case.

Dr. James :

Another machines measures for a glasses prescription. If you do not need a glasses prescription, then it would be OK to not have that one done.

Dr. James :

The other machine is to test your peripheral vision. This is good to have done to check your peripheral vision.

Dr. James :

So, there should be no danger in the machine testing. Dilation is important to check for bleeding inside the eyes.

Dr. James :

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.