Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

my right eye..my eyes..right pupil would get smaller in bright light

Hi. I was just out to dinner with a friend, who noticed my right eye was more dilated than my left. I checked out my eyes in the ladies room, and noticed the right pupil would get smaller in bright light, immediately, then it re-set to a larger size than the left.

Now that it's about 20 minutes later, When I look in a bright light, it quickly retracts, and now it appears to be about the same size.

I have been fighting a sinus infection for two months, which has been more right-sided. I am on azithromycin 1000 mg. Do I need to be worried?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

are you there?

Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.

What you are describing is anisocoria (unequal pupil size). The commonest cause for this is any brain problem like infection, tumor, stroke etc. But since you are not having any other symptoms, it does not indicate a brain pathology most probably. The other cause can be increased pressure of the eye (glaucoma), a problem of the optic nerve of the eye.

I would advise you to consult your Ophthalmologist for a detailed evaluation and starting treatment if needed.

Regards