Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

i HAVE Hd two glacauma sergries this past year which regquired

i HAVE Hd two glacauma sergries this past year which regquired an stiches and injections in both eyes for a few months. It's slow to heal. I am noticing witj small print, it appears that the print is slighltly faded, what gives?
Hello and thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, it does take sometimes many months for the eye to heal and the vision to normalize from even one glaucoma surgery. But with two surgeries I would expect an even greater recovery time visually. There are things that can cause decreased vision after glaucoma surgery including cataract formation, dry eye, retinal swelling, or even worsening vision from glaucoma. I think that your glaucoma surgeon should be able to tell you when the eye has totally healed and at that time these causes of possible vision loss should be investigated. Does that make sense and does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.
 My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.