Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I have developed a rash under my left lower eye lid and it

I have developed a rash under my left lower eye lid and it will not heal. There are small bubbles in the rash as well. It is possible that I was infected by a sexual partner with Herpes and suspect that this might be some form of Ocular Herpes. Can you tell me what type of Doctor I should seek (e.g. Opthamologist, dermatologist, etc.)
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

You are correct in thinking that this rash might be herpes. A herpes rash is classically these little whitish "bubbles" or vesicles that are on a base or reddened skin.

Because herpes viruses can affect the eyes in such profound ways, I would suggest you see an ophthalmologist as soon as you can to start treatment if you have any eye problems from it.

Does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.