Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I had cataract surgery last November with the adjustable lens

I had cataract surgery last November with the adjustable lens implanted and then refractive surgery on both eyes to correct vision. I now have a small "cloudy" looking
"adhesion" on the outer rim of my iris in my right eye. It feels like scratchiness in the eye
but there is a small streak out from it that looks like a small blood shot look coming off of it. Is this a scar?
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

From the description given it seems more like a pterygium. a pterygium is a kind of degeneration of the conjunctiva( white of the eye). It appears like a whitish raised lesion between the inner corner of the eye and the colored part of the eye with streaks of blood vessels in it. As long as it is not growing or interfering with vision , it does not require any specific treatment except lubricating eye drops for soothening effect.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It's growth can be prevented with regular use of photochromatic glasses( as UV radiation is one of the causative factors).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello are you unable to see my replies?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

I'm unable to see your replies hence I will switch over to Q&A format and not chat.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So, why did I develop this months after the surgery? Does this mean I just live with it?

It will never go away?

Hello again,

It is not related to the cataract surgery( ie if it is a pterygium) and can occur at any time.

As mentioned above, the description is quite suggestive of pterygium. As it grows, it induces astigmatism( slight change in the shape of the cornea) which results in a small refractive error. If the pterygium grows more into the cornea then it needs to be corrected by surgical removal.

Pinguecula is another similar looking lesion , also due to degeneration of the conjunctiva. it needs no treatment.

Thank you and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Follow this link to see how a pterygium looks like-

Pinguecula looks like the picture shown in this link-
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much!!!! I am to see my eye Dr.on Friday but I feel much better now.
You are most welcome.