Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

What is the best eye cream to fight puffy lower eyelids, especially

What is the best eye cream to fight puffy lower eyelids, especially right after working out hard at the gym??
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

Yours is a good question. Unfortunately, there have not been may new developments in products that are effective at reducing the puffiness under the eyes.

There are several products on the market that contain caffeine in them that all generally work the same. These all work relatively the same and do provide some help in reducing this puffiness. An example of one of these products is Skin Renew (Anti-Puff Eye Roller) by Garnier.

I hope that has been helpful. Unfortunately, there aren't many products out there that are as effective that differ in their mechanism of action. This caffeine-type containing product seems to be the best there is right now.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.