Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

hello doctor i would like to discuss my right eye today

hello doctor

i would like to discuss my right eye today in which i had a corneal regraph about two months ago by way of the old method.due to an injury i also lost my ocular lense as well.
my eyesight is still blurry and hazy,is this still normal.i cannot read anything at the moment from the right eye.hiwever i am seeing colour as normal.
how long would i still have to wear my bandage lense.i am also on tobradex and ciloxan 1 time a day.my eye is not sensitive to daylight at the moment.
i feel that i have not made progress from a month ago in terms of blurryness.would a contact lense help my situation in the right eye or is it to soon.i will be visiting my opthalmologist in a weeks time.
i was however told by my optometrist last week that my cornea does look clear in the centre when she looked at it as a matter of interest when i had a soft hard lense fitted in my left eye.would this be a good sign for my graph.
when i wear my contact lense on my left eye,i find that my left eye is a lot clearer then my right eye which has the fraph.

regards
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.

In a corneal regraph the recovery of the eye is slow as cmpared to the first corneal graft. The fact that your natural lens is also not there again contributes to the fact that your vision is blurry (this is a major factor in your decreased vision). If you are wearing bandage contact lens then that indicates that there is still some edema or incomplete healing of the corneal graft. Your left eye would be clearer as there is no edema and the natural lens is present. Once your graft clears, which can take another 2-3 weeks (can be confirmed after examination by your Ophthalmologist) a refration can be done to know the power of spectacles or contact lens required for the right eye. Once you wear the correction, you would see much better. As long as your graft is clear and there are no signs of rejection, there is no need to worry.

Regards