Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Have a green colour in peripheral vision.Not all the time,

Have a green colour in peripheral vision.Not all the time, occasionally over past few months
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'll be happy to help you with your question

Dr. Rick :

Is this green color in both eyes?

Dr. Rick :

has it affected your vision?

Dr. Rick :

How long does this color last and does it shimmer? Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Dr. Rick :

a

Customer :

Yes both eyes, does not affect vision, get it just once every few weeks and i doesnt shimmer. Doesnt overly affect me but just worried its a precursor to some other problem

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

It sounds like you are suffering from "ocular migraines". I've had them myself for over 20 years. Sometimes I get a headache following the eye symptoms but most times I don't.

A typical migraine headache starts with shimmering lights, often times they surround a blurry area or have dots or jaggedly lines associated with them. They tend to progressively increase in intensity and sometimes march across the visual field. Many times this is then accompanied by nausea, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights and/or loud noises. After the onset of the lights (called scintillating scotomas), the headache typically starts and the light show tends to progressively go away. Many people can have this migraine phenomenon without the headache; it is called an acephalgic migraine. Some people even start having these late in life, or may have had a few much earlier in life that behaved differently and haven't had any for decades and then begin to have them; this is not uncommon. A family history of migraines is often present as well.

It sounds like you have the acephalgic type. It is not a symptom of worse things to come, does not lead to a stroke, brain tumor etc. and the vast majority of the time it requires no treatment.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Postive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest