Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

yesterday i was working on my computer when i looked up and

yesterday i was working on my computer when i looked up and my right eye went cross on me. I don't think the eye ball went cross just that the sight did. I had this before about 10 years ago. Now since this happened again and the eye feels as if there is something pushing on my eye from the back of the eye. I am not in pain just feels like pressure. And ist feels like somethings is in my eye. I do have lupus and had thyroiditis a year and a half ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'll be happy to help you with your question.

Dr. Rick :

As you know, SLE can cause all sorts of neurological episodes that come and go. How long did the episode last?

Customer :

the episode lasted about 30 seconds

Dr. Rick :

Not really enough time to check things out.....that's a good thing and that's a bad thing. Have you been having any other symptoms? When you say your vision went cross, did you see two images? If so, how were they related to each other (up/down, angled/ slightly overlaped etc)?

Dr. Rick :

However, just because you have a history of SLE is not a reason to blame every symptom you have on it. I

Customer :

I saw two images and I have been having shaking hand and weak muscles in legs and arms.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible with your feling of having something in your eye that you could have dry eyes and/or blepharitis.....but now that you mention the issues with your hand and weak muscles we have to turn our attention back to CNS inflammation from a flair up of your lupus

Customer :

what is blepharitis

Dr. Rick :

I think it would be best for you to get in touch with the physician treating your lupus and get in to see her in the morning. Should you go to the ER now? It is impossible for me to tell via chat -- you know your body and how your SLE "feels" on a daily basis......I would think seeing your MD in the morning would be OK.

Dr. Rick :

I don't think this episode of transient diplopia, given your history, is isolated to ocular structures alone. What I'm thinking is that going go see an ophthalmologist would not be my first choice for you. Does this make sense?

Customer :

thank you i will call the doctor thanks for your help.