Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I have a white cloudiness covering my eye and it is causing

I have a white cloudiness covering my eye and it is causing my vision to be cloudy and blurry what could this be
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'll be happy to help you with your question.

Dr. Rick :

What type of eye drops and antibiotics have the eye doctors given you? Were these doctors ophthalmologists or optometrists? Could you tell me a little bit more about this white cloudiness? Where did the doctors tell you it was, cornea, lens etc?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I see you are online now.

JACUSTOMER-xqtjk7jg- : Prednizolone is the eydrops they said it was a swollen cornea and I went to a optometrist
Dr. Rick :

I do not believe that an optometrist should be treating corneal edema or playing with steroids, no matter what their state board says they can do. You should make an appointment with an ophthalmologist for a complete evaluation as there are many causes of a "swollen cornea" and all of them require an MD to treat them.

Dr. Rick :

If the general ophthalmologist feels it is necessary she can refer you to a fellowship-trained corneal specialist.

Dr. Rick :

are you still in the chat room?

Dr. Rick :

When you call the ophthalmolgists office you should tell them would would like to be seen quickly; don't let them put off for a week or so.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Postive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.