Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

IS IT NECESSARY FOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR EYES TO BUY EXPENSIVE

IS IT NECESSARY FOR THE HEALTH OF YOUR EYES TO BUY EXPENSIVE SUNGLASSES?

No. Any sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB light work just fine. Many times more expensive sunglasses only add things such as brand name, style, more comfortable fit or fancy frame material.

I buy sunglasses from Walmart for less then $20 that block UVA and UVB for personal use. True, they break easier and tend to scratch easier but when I loose them I really don't care since I can buy a bucket full of 'em for the price of one pair or designer sunglasses.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Postive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.