Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I am due to have cataract surgery in the near future. I am

I am due to have cataract surgery in the near future. I am a male, 73 years old and enjoy playing golf.
Which type or make of lens is the best or has the best post-op results.
I will be having qnly my right eye done?
My left eye is not affected.

Welcome to Just Answer:

If you do not have problem wearing close-up reading glasses, then I suggest that you use standard intraocular lens implant. Such single vision (distant only) lens implant are well tolerated. On the other hand, if you wish to be free from glasses, especially reading glasses, then I suggest that you opt for the Restor multi focal lens implant to allow you see both distant and near without glasses. In general, the post-op recovery is the same for both type of lens implants. The Restor lens implant had some issue with increase glare initially, but the upgraded lens has significantly less problem, and most patient like it. Since the Restor lens implant is a premium (luxury) there is some out-of-pocket cost (about $1000) that you may have to pay. This cost may be less depending on the eye doctor.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.