Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

After cataract op on 14/9 for 2days had perfect vision eyes

After cataract op on 14/9 for 2days had perfect vision eyes very sensitive to light.This morning vision blurred no sensitivety to light went back to specialist said all is fine. The lens is in place eye pressure 12 .Could you explain what could be happening please. Will this correct again? I had lasik +- 5 years ago
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the blurred vision from lens implant haze caused by the initial eye inflammation as evidenced by the initial light sensitivity after the surgery. Another condition that can contribute to the blurred vision is cornea haze and/or edema considering that you had Lasik in the past - Lasik thins the cornea and can put you at risk for cornea haze. The eye pressure of 12 is consistent with the thin cornea from your past Lasik. I suggest that you continue use the eye drops as directed, especially the steroid eye drops and other drops given to you. You eye doctor could also add Muro-128 5% eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week if there is any cornea edema. If the blurred vision fails to resolve after few weeks, and the effect on your vision is significant, then your eye doctor will likely need to use the Yag laser to remove the film or inflammatory scar tissue that often develop at the back of the lens implant after cataract surgery. This is common and not harmful.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.