Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz
Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Glaucoma Specialist, Associate Professor FAU, Teaching Faculty Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
18763418

I am 72 years old in good health but I fell on Sunday and hit

I am 72 years old in good health but I fell on Sunday and hit my head on the tile floor. My body is still quite sore which would be expected but I've had a dull headache since Sunday.
I can function fine, my eyes have not been dialated and my mind is fine. I hate to go to the dr. and sit in the waiting room with sick people. How long should the headache last before I should get concerned?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-cya3n3vf- :

I am here

Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz :

Headaches are always a concern. Are you nauseaus? Dizzy? It has been two days since your fall - it is a good sign that you have not developed any significant symptoms. I assume you did not lose consciousness? If so, you must be examined, even without symptoms. If not, the signs to watch for are increasing headache/pain, nausea, vomiting, change in vision or mentation, or loss of function of any part of the body. I assume you have none of these?

Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz :

please review my answer thus far

JACUSTOMER-cya3n3vf- :

I have no side effects except the dull headache

Dr. Daniel Jewelewicz :

is it getting worse? Exactly how long has it been, in days or hours since the fall?

JACUSTOMER-cya3n3vf- :

it is not getting worse and it has been 48 hours