Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hello, My dog gets NeoPolyDex drops in both eyes every day,

My dog gets NeoPolyDex drops in both eyes every day, and I also give another eyedrop (Genteal) to both her and my husband every night before bed. But last night, I was about to give my dog the NeoPolyDex drops, and I accidentally gave them to my husband!

So I put NeoPolyDex in his eyes by accident -- that should be okay, right? He hasn't noticed anything other than it sort of made his eyes sting a little at first, so I put Genteal drops in his eyes right afterward to hopefully dilute the NeoPolyDex...

Chat Conversation Started
Rick :

Hi. I'll be happy to help you with your question.

Rick :

Are you on chat?

As an ophthalmologist and lifelong pet owner (horses, cats, name it) I can assure you that your husband will be fine. NeoPolyDex eye drops contain a mix of two antibiotics and a steroid and might cause an issue if your husband was allergic to sulfa medicines, otherwise they should not hurt anything.

There should be no problems from putting your dogs eyedrops into your husbands eyes on this one occasion.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much