Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

what is the best treatment for keratitis

what is the best treatment for keratitis?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Dr. James :

Do you know the cause of the keratitis.

JACUSTOMER-ee7mbamy- :

after more than 6 years of suffering and tests without results suddenly it seemed I got sifilis from my ex-husband. Drs. said it was the cause. I was treated with peniciline to treat the disease. However, recently I was told by a sexual diseases expert that it was not the cause. I reported it to my eye specialist and he told me that it was the cause. Very confude with the different opinions I book appointment with other sesual diseases expert and I was told that sifilis was the cause for my eye problem. I am very confused and don't know what to do or what to think. My eye stil infected, very painful and blurred vision in spite of all the treatment I have been subjected for more then 7 years.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

It is very unusual to have a keratitis last 7 years. Usually, these type of chronic corneal infections are due uncommon causes such as syphillis. With your history of infection in the past, this is the most likely cause for the keratitis.

Dr. James :

Unfortunately, it may not be possible to fully eradicate the infection. In your case, it appears to be particularly resistent to treatment in the eyes.

Dr. James :

I'm sure your doctors have considered other causes such as HSV or mooren's ulcer. If you are not confident in your doctor's diagnosis, then it may be a good idea to go for a second opinion.