Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

I am having huge problems with my watery eyes. Every time I

Customer Question

I am having huge problems with my watery eyes. Every time I run in sport my eyes water. Playing squash, I have to wipe my eyes every 5 seconds. I have been to the opthamologist and had tests. The tear ducts are not blocked and his only possible answer was allergy. Do you have any solutions?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Since you have had an eye exam by an ophthalmologist already with no abnormality being detected with the tear ducts, then it is likely that you are having dry eyes. Ironically the first symptom of dry eyes is watering of the eyes which is a reflex , which occurs in response to the dry eyes.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It responds well to lubricating eye drops like preservative free Refresh tears , 1 drop 4 times a day.

JACUSTOMER-6dqusrxw- :

I have already tried several types of eye drops for dry eyes, but they do nothing. I have had this problem for 4 years already.