Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

white of my eye, what could it be, and do i need to worry

woke up this morning and i have a bloody dot in the white of my eye, what could it be, and do i need to worry ? thank you
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Apart from the bloody spot on the white of the eye, do you have any other eye symptoms like pain/watering in that eye?

JACUSTOMER-e0rdq582- :

no pain, no watering, no sight issues

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Ok

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In that case it is likely that you are experiencing symptoms of a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage.

JACUSTOMER-e0rdq582- :

i don't remember having done anything yesterday to irritate my eye, what would cause this to happen and do i need to worry ?, and how do i treat it ? thank you

Dr. A.S. Desai :

In this condition , there is rupture of a small blood vessel in the conjunctiva ( white of the eye). It can be seen in case of subtle trauma/ severe bout of coughing or sneezing / apparently for no reason in those with hypertension or those on anti-platelet medicines like low dose aspirin.

JACUSTOMER-e0rdq582- :

do i need to do anything, or will time erase the red dot

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is self limiting condition and subsides by itself over a period of 1-2 weeks. In the meanwhile it may change color and become more dark. You can put over the counter preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day.

JACUSTOMER-e0rdq582- :

Thank you very much

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Yes, it will disappear by itself by 1-2 weeks . It is not a matter of concern as such. You can wait for it to subside till then.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist

JACUSTOMER-e0rdq582- :

very happy with the service, thank you