Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

I have been having really bad headaches for about three weeks

I have been having really bad headaches for about three weeks and also pain in the outer corner of my right eye on the ball of my eye. Whenever I open and close my eyelid I can feel this feeling as if something is sticking my eye so today I got a magnifying glass and took a close look at my eye and I am scared now, there is a bump with red veins going toward it, all around it and the bump is hard to the touch. What might this be, Since it is a holiday weekend I don't know how to get to see an optiomologist? What could this be and should I be overly concerned until I can get in to my optomologist?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. A.S. Desai : Hello,Welcome to Just Answer
Dr. A.S. Desai : It is possible that you are having an inflamed pinguecula or episcleritis. Either ways, being inflammatory conditions , the treatment is anti-inflammatory eye drops especially steroid eye drops . You can get a prescription from an ophthalmologist once you get to see him. In the meanwhile you can continue with the systane eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day. Along with this you can use over the counter Alaway/ Zaditor ( ketotifen) eye drops , 1 drop twice a day, as it has some anti-inflammatory action. The inflammation will subside with anti-inflammatory eye drops within a week.
Dr. A.S. Desai : Thanks and best wishesIf you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist