Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I found out that I have a partially blocked tear duct. My

I found out that I have a partially blocked tear duct. My eye tears constantly, therefore, it itches on the top and lower lids. My eye lid is now dark and very rough feeling. What can I put on it to help the itching?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.

I see that you have used hydrocortisone before. I would suggest using a 1% hydrocortisone ointment twice daily on these affected areas. However, it may take doing this consistently for a week or so before it helps. I would also use cool compresses on it as well.

If this does not work you may need to get a prescription for a stronger steroid ointment.

Does that help address your question?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.