Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have open angle glaucoma. They tried laser trabeculoplasty

I have open angle glaucoma. They tried laser trabeculoplasty with only temporary results. I am now on 3 different drops- Azopt, Alphagan and Xalacom, but the pressure is still 24. Can I use any other drops instead? Tony

Welcome to Just Answer:

At this time, three drops such as Azopt, Alphagan and Xalacom are close to the maximum. It is possible that your eye doctor can attempt to switch the drops to Trusopt in place of Azopt, and Combigan in place of Alphagan and Xalacom. However, the most effective approach at this point would be to consider trabeculectomy - which is surgically creating a drainage channel. This is usually the recommended next step after the use of three drops and laser trabeculoplasty have failed to bring the eye pressure to the target value.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.