Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have this red, itchie rash on my eye lids. I think it maybe

I have this red, itchie rash on my eye lids. I think it maybe an allergic reaction to something but it comes and goes it started in April and has been bothersome all summer it clears up then all of a sudden it flars up again What do you think it maybe I have been putting corisone cream on them and antihistime eye drops and taking Zyrtec
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the eyelid rash and itching from blepharitis either due to the allergy and/or infection with inflammation of the eyelid by staph. This can be difficult to resolve if not diagnosed. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you request for your doctor to prescribe you doxycycline 100 mg twice daily. In addition continue the use of Zyretc and Zaditor. I suggest that you hold off on the cortisone for now. Avoid exposure of the affected eyelid to sunlight as much as possible. If you resolved in 1-2 weeks, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude sebaceous cell abnormal skin lesion. A tiny biopsy of the rash with examination may be performed to better understand the nature of the recurrent eyelid rash.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience: Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon