Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I have this red, itchie rash on my eye lids. I think it maybe

I have this red, itchie rash on my eye lids. I think it maybe an allergic reaction to something but it comes and goes it started in April and has been bothersome all summer it clears up then all of a sudden it flars up again What do you think it maybe I have been putting corisone cream on them and antihistime eye drops and taking Zyrtec

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the eyelid rash and itching from blepharitis either due to the allergy and/or infection with inflammation of the eyelid by staph. This can be difficult to resolve if not diagnosed. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you request for your doctor to prescribe you doxycycline 100 mg twice daily. In addition continue the use of Zyretc and Zaditor. I suggest that you hold off on the cortisone for now. Avoid exposure of the affected eyelid to sunlight as much as possible. If you resolved in 1-2 weeks, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation to exclude sebaceous cell abnormal skin lesion. A tiny biopsy of the rash with examination may be performed to better understand the nature of the recurrent eyelid rash.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.