Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

partial one in the l eye..went to eye dr and he said no retinal tear

i had a viterious detachment last week in the r eye. 2 days later I had a partial one in the l eye..went to eye dr and he said no retinal tear. So far I have had 4 such episodes in the l eye, lasting apparox 15 minutes. Went for 2nd retinal tear, and he became annoyed with me. Now I want to go back to the 1st dr...can he refuse to take me back because I went for 2nd opinion....also, how long can this blurriness last in l eye....I have light floaters in both eyes. Please advise...2nd dr. told me not to worry about it. I am going for ultrasound on arteries on neck, tomorrow, but had one a yr ago and they were clear.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is understandable that patients should seek a second opinion when concerned about their health. So, the first doctor would definitely understand, and in fact, the doctor should like the outcome that the second doctor did arrive at the same assessment with him. The first doctor will take you back without any problem. Now, about the floaters, it is common in posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). The management is usually routine monitor with dilated eye exam to exclude retinal tear. However, if the floaters become severe with persistent decrease is vision, then the retinal eye doctor may consider surgical removal of the melted or liquefied detached vitreous to resolve the symptom. If the blurred vision persist after 1 week or get worse the a re-evaluation is needed.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.