Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

my mother had glaucoma in bothe eyes on 1998.for..eye drop

my mother had glaucoma in bothe eyes on 1998.for one she did laser. for one she did shurgirie and every day she is using eye drop pitoptic.she was ok but now she lost her vision in on had chirgirie .no may be same will hapen for the one left .is their any solution to keep her vision for the one left?
Thank you so much:

To protect the vision in the better eye (with history of laser surgery), I suggest that a better control of eye pressure is necessary. Considering the severity of optic nerve damage, I suggest that an additional eye drop be added to betoptic drop. As your eye doctor may have informed you, betoptic has a good optic nerve protection property. I suggest that you also over the counter neuroprotective supplements such as Gingko Biloba which has be suggested to promote blood flow with nutrient supply to the optic nerve. In addition, the eye pressure could be reduced a little more with another eye drop such as Xalatan or Travatan-Z. All these would be very beneficial in slowing the progression of the loss vision in the eye with the laser. Also a close evaluation by the retina eye doctor would exclude any other abnormality in the back of the eye that could cause further vision loss.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks for immediate answer .what about the one lost is open and moving. is their any way to get vision back or no
Thank you so much:

If the vision loss is due to complete optic nerve damage and loss, then the vision may not recover. However, I suggest that she consider getting a second opinion from another eye doctor for closer evaluation of the eye with no vision. The fact that it is open and moving suggest that there may exist a significant damage to the optic nerve.