Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I just had caterac surgery 8 hours ago with lens implanted.

Customer Question

I just had caterac surgery 8 hours ago with lens implanted. The eyelid is drooping.
Does this mean I have a complication from the surgery, or is it probably a temporary
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is normal to have slight droopy eyelid after surgery due the strain on the eyelid nerve and/or muscle, plus the anesthetic medication and drops using during surgery. This will resolve in few days. You may also notice slight eyelid discomfort or occasional twitch - if these occurs , it is expected and will resolve in few days. Continue to use your eye drops as directed. If you notice any eye pain or decrease vision, I suggest that you follow-up with your doctor for closer evaluation.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you. You set my mind at ease. Unfortunately, my surgeon did not have time

to answer questions.

Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.
You are most welcomed.