Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

My son woke up with red eyes. I put visine in them. I noticed

My son woke up with red eyes. I put visine in them. I noticed on his left eye that there are 3 tiny bubbles. What could cause this and what can I do about it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely he is experiencing the symptoms of redness and conjunctival cyst from tear film dysfunction and unintentional eye rubbing at night or eye irritation. This is common and will resolve with supportive care. To resolve this problem, I suggest that he use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily, at least 10 minutes apart from the Zaditor eye drop. If the fails to significantly resolve in 1 week, or worsen at any time, I suggest that he follow-up with the eye doctor for closer evaluation under the silt-lamp.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.