Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

double vision 2 times in the last 2 weeks

I had double vision 2 times in the last 2 weeks. It lasted about 1 for about a hour, and the other one about 5 minutes.
What caused it?/
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you have eye muscle weakness that loose co-ordination or balance with strained eye from either tear film dysfunction or eye nerve damage from any other underlying conditions such as intermittent strabismus (tropia or phoria), nerve palsy (third or fourth), autoimmune inflammatory condition, thyroid eye problem, diabetic or silent stroke. I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation, including re-check for prescription glasses. It may be necessary that a small prism addition to the glasses with correct this problem. In the meantime, I suggest that you use over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.