Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

how to remove super glue from the eye

Customer Question

how to remove super glue from the eye
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. Super glue in the eye tends to be a difficult predicament as I'm sure you can attest to--I"m sorry that this has happened to you.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way for super glue to be removed from the eye. A chemical similar to this is often used by ophthalmologists in the eye for therapeutic purposes and when that happens, it tends to dry up and flake off, falling out of the eye in a few days. If there is more than a little bit in the eye or if it is affecting the vision at all, warm water soaks are not sufficient and you should see an ophthalmologist.

Does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.