Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

i have noticed lately my vision is blurry close up but not

i have noticed lately my vision is blurry close up but not far away i bought some glasses 150 magnifying that helps when i am reading but should i go to dr or is that ok for time being its only close up far away seems fine vision always been perfect no headaches im 43 great health i hope

Hello and thanks for your question, I don't think you need to go to the eye doctor if this is your only problem. Everybody who has ever lived on the planet has developed, starting around the age of 40-45, what is called presbyopia. This is the need for reading glasses for near vision. People usually end up starting at a strength of reading glasses that you have and depending on their up close needs, may use a combination of them. You will notice that every 4-5 years you will need to bump up the strength of your reading glasses; this will eventually plateau around age 65. But rest assured, this is perfectly normal. Unfortunately, this is probably more inescapable than paying taxes.

Does that help answer your question?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this wont weaken my vision by just having reading glasses? u dont think i need stronger script no other symptoms and should i wear them watching tv my child has 135 and they help and are prescription she is 10 thanku so much

I don't think these glasses will weaken your vision. It is a common misconception that wearing glasses will somehow habituate your eyes to needing them. All glasses do is bend light and don't physically change the eyes. I would say you will probably suffer more from not wearing when you need to wear them. That being said, given that you said you have good distance vision and always have, I don't think it necessary to use them when you watch TV, unless, of course, you are very close to the TV. Your child is likely far-sighted as an overall prescription and needs them for up close more than distance, but still probably helps her with distance. So she is in a bit of a different situation than you are.

Does that make sense?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes is 135 between 125 and 150

Yes, 1.35 is an intermediate strength in between 1.25 and 1.50, which is why they probably work well for you right now if you were to use them for your up close vision.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanku so much are these ? posted onlins so all internet users can view them