Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

Im getting minor, but sharp pains on the anterior surface

I'm getting minor, but sharp pains on the anterior surface of my eyes. Not the same place every time but seems to be muscular around the eye, not the eyeball itself.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the pain from strained eye muscles due to the imbalance eyes refractive errors and focusing between the two eyes. This can be caused by tear film dysfunction or residual uncorrected prescription refractive errors. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you use over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily, and Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily, at least 10 to 15 minutes apart from the time of use of the tear drop. Use the Zaditor for 2 weeks, but continue the tear drop as needed thereafter. In addition, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation with re-check of prescription refractive error between the eyes for any uncorrected error that may be contributing to the strained eye muscles.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.