Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

Ihave had eye pain in both eyes with the right eye being worse..my eye

Sir or Madam,Ihave had eye pain in both eyes with the right eye being worse for several days .It hurts when I roll my eye or look from left to right. Its worse when I colse my eyes tight. should I see a ophthalmalgiast?

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing the symptoms of eye pain and/or soreness due to eye soft tissue strain from either imbalance between the focusing ability between the two eyes or underlying inflammation. Other conditions that can cause such eye pain include tear film dysfunction, episcleritis, or scleritis. To resolve or significantly reduce these symptoms, I suggest that you use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily, and preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily, at least 10 to 15 mins apart from the time you used the Zaditor. In addition, I suggest that you use over the counter Aleve 1-2 pills twice daily with food as needed. If this fails to significantly resolve in 1 week, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation with tests including ANA, ESR, C-reactive protein, TFTs, Schmirer's test and ANCA panels.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.