Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I have a bad eye problem. My tear ducts are spraying water

I have a bad eye problem. My tear ducts are spraying water out, on the inside of my glasses, if I am wearing them, or the tears are running down my face sometimes, if not Can anything be done to solve this problem?.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

Blepharitis can cause these symptoms of tearing and difficulty with vision. To resolve this problem, I suggest that you perform eyelid cleansing with half diluted baby (50% with water) shampoo soaked in cotton swab followed by warm water rinse, and over the counter preservative free tear such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily. The excess tearing is due to tear film dysfunction caused by the blepharitis. In addition, I suggest that your eye doctor prescribe you either doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 10-14 days or Zylet eye drop 4 times for 10 days. This should resolve significantly within 2 weeks.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.