Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon

I am a Viet Nam vet with exposure to Agent Orange in the mid

I am a Viet Nam vet with exposure to Agent Orange in the mid 60's, at the height of the war. I have recently (all in the past 2 yrs) been through 3 Retina detachment surgeries and others (laser, cataracts, etc) totally 7 proceedures. With all the exposure to Agent Orange effects, would you say it is possible that exposure could be the cause of my eye problems?
thank you very much
Charley Crick

Welcome to Just Answer:

Agent orange exposure has been associated with increased risk of cataract with possible retinal complication. I suggest that you follow-up eye doctor (ophthalmologist) for closer evaluation, and for detailed report that your condition so that you can file with that VA agency for consideration. Agent orange can cause a form of cataract called posterior subcapscular cataract. In addition, to other conditions including diabetes type II and others which can cause retinal and cataract complications.

Agent Orange related cataracts????

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.