Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I woke up with one swollen eyelid, no pain, what could it

I woke up with one swollen eyelid, no pain, what could it be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

It is likely that you are experiencing ocular allergic blepharoconjunctivitis. Another possible cause include blepharochalasis. To resolve any of these conditions, I suggest that you apply warm/hot compresses to affected eyelid twice daily for 2 weeks. In addition, use over the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week, then twice daily for 1 week. You should also consider using over the counter Zyretc 1 pill daily for 2 weeks. If this fails to resolve 1 week, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation, and possible prescription for doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 10 to 14 days and/or Zylet eye drop 4 times for 7- 10 days.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.