Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince

Got coolant in eye at work yesterday. Am trying to avoid going

Customer Question

Got coolant in eye at work yesterday. Am trying to avoid going to the emergency room if at all possible. The pain from the beginning has gotten better but now my eye burns on the outside corner. What do I do?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

The pain and burning sensation after putting lubricant eye drops is probably due to corneal epithelium getting denuded. It will need lubricant eye ointment and patching the eye for 24 hours which lets the epithelium to heal. Next day onwards you can start the lubricating eye drops like preservative free Refresh tears eye drops , 1 drop 4 times a day. If the symptoms persist beyound 3-4 days or worsen then you will need a detailed eye check up under a slit lamp by an ophthalmologist , as you may need steroid eye drops .

Thanks and best wishes

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist