Kindly give some more information regarding your question-
- what is your age and gender?
- are you on any medicines?
- any recent illness or change of diet or stress?
Thanks for the information.
The cause of puffiness of eyes can be due to -
- an allergy. Allergies can present in different people with different symptoms. SOme might ave itching in the eyes, others might have skin allergy while in some it might be present as puffiness of eyes. Taking oral anti-histaminic like benadryl or cetrizine will help along with cold compresses on the eyes.
- the other possibility is a swelling of the kidney. In naphrotic syndrome or inflammation of the kidney, the presenting symptom is usually puffiness of lower eye lids.
I would recommend you also to get a urine routine examination done to rule out the possibility of a kidney involvement.
I am not very clear regarding your symptoms.
You say your eyelids are not involved. Is the swelling inside the eye or is is involving the eyelid just below the eyelashes or more down below?
The exact cause of the pooling of fluid needs to be found out, before starting treatment. As I said before there are two main causes - one is allergy and other is any kidney problem. Since you do not have nay itching, allergy seems to b e less likely.
I would recommend you to consult your doctor and get a urine protein evaluation done as soon as possible. SIne you have no symptoms in the eye as such, there is no need to use any eye drops at present, till you have been evaluated.