Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

my eye lids..eye drops..relief the itching

dear doctor my name is XXXXX XXXXX have seen 4 doctors so far; my eye lids are irritared and red i have a gooy stuff in the mornings.
, and the eye drops and antibiotics pills are not working, not even to relief the itching. please help me. thanks, valerie
Chat Conversation Started
Dr. James :

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Dr. James :

Do you have allergies?
When did the problems start?
Is it one eye or both eyes?
Do you wear contact lenses?
When was your last eye exam?
When is your next followup exam?

Customer:

the problem started 3 weeks ago. both eyes, no contact lenses started on right side and travel to left. never had a eye exam, but ai well if you reccomended. 3 others doctors said was allergies. but a never suffre from allergies.

Dr. James :

What types of doctors did you see?

Customer:

i have been on treatment for 10 days now a today i noticed that is getting worse

Customer:

medical family doctors

Dr. James :

Any body with red eyes at home?
Have you had a recent cold?
Do you have discharge from your eyes?

Customer:

5 member of my family got it but they got better on 3 or 4 days. looks to me like it aa have sinus problem lastweek with draining that make me cought

Dr. James :

Thank you for the additional information. There are many things which and cause puffy red eyes.

In your case, this may be related to your sinus infection. The nasal sinuses are intimately related to the surface of yours. An infection of the sinus or nasal cavity can easily spread to the eyes and cause a conjunctivitis. Most cases of conjunctivitis are caused by virus, in which case no treatment is needed because it should get better on its own.

If it is caused by a bacteria, then you'll need antibiotics. It appears you are already taking antibiotic drops -- tobramycin.

Dr. James :

Allergies are a consideration, especially with the itchings. Most people will already know that they have seasonal allergies. From what you have told me, it is most likely due to the sinus infection.

Dr. James :

For symptomatic relief, you can try cool compresses and chill artificial tears. If it is worsen or does not improve, then an eye exam is recommended.

If you have eye pain, decrease vision then you should talk to your doctor promptly and get a referral for an eye exam.

Customer:

considering that is allergy related what do you reccomend?

Dr. James :

You can take an over the counter allergy medicine such as benadryl or claritin. Zaditor is a good over the counter allergy eye drop.

Customer:

thank you for you help. valerie

Dr. James :

You are welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.