You have been so informative. I have some additional questions but my money is good so I hope you can continue to answer them as detailed as you have before until I am clear out which I believe will be soon.
1. Metamorphopsia - is there any surefire way to test if I have this? Are there different forms of it? What are the effects - how would it affect me?
2. Occular Tilt is a word that has been used to describe how I feel more things than I remember previously are now tilted and that my computer monitor or TV seem to have the sides come in or out at an angle. Is this a migraine symptom? Is there any way to calibrate a person sort of like using a level of a shelf to make sure its straight? Is there a test that can test for something like this. Turning my head seems to make some things better and then rotating my head and looking at a picture the picture seems to slowly turn kind of like going through a flip book really slowly....same analogy applies when going around a corner - I go around the corner and then the room feels like it adjusts to me. As mentioned before it seems like street lights aren't at right angles and that some signs are crocked and it feels like a big frat party came through and pushed things to the side or forward or back - kind of feels like I'm livinging in an alternate 1985 (Back to the Future Reference)
3. I am wondering if my gaze has changed. I feel that my FOV feels narrow but maybe this is me overanalyzing. Like when I am typing this I can only see the start menu button and task bar at the bottom of my screen but they aren't in focus. They aren't out of focus but it feels like i am using peripheral vision a lot. Has this always been this way? I feel like I open a webpage and I can see everythign but my focus is where my eyes are centered and I don't feel like I am amble to take it all in - at least as I remember it
4. When wearing glasses
now and looking at the computer the sides converge in and the screen appears to have a fishbowl (old tube tv) kind of effect to it and never did before. Before I put on my glasses and it just sharpened things up..
5. Can Drusen
cause any of the issues I have mentioned - one opt. found 3 in my left eye away from the fovia and 1 in my right eye away from my fovia. A retinal specialist thought this was an overcharacterization and my corneal specialist viewed them as merely calcium
6. To clarify further - the RPE helps regenerate lost rods and cones? Do you know how long it takes for new ones to appear?
7.Can Occular Migrains appear without a specific aura or scintilating scotoma in my case and no headache (mines seems to come and go)
8. So if this is an occular migraine light sensitivity
and when I blink at a bright light would not cause streaks or when I am watching tv lines woudn't come back at me....(glare coming back at me kind of like a sheet of glare)
9. If I read what you are saying correctly it is possible that these clear floaters and the spider web like ones can be part of a visual aura / occular migraine and aren't really there?
10. How do you explain the starbursting effect i've mentioned in detail previously- also Migraine. Before all this I never had this. Now this is most noticalbe with glasses off but with glasses on its not a sharp (cirlce for example)
11. Sometimes things come out of focus (or I can make them out of focus) again a occular migraine thing?
12. Sometimes I see double vision
- most noticable at night examples given were the moon and even teh power button on my DVD player it looks like ghosting of a circle of power buttons around that power button - same thing happens on an answering machine - occular migraine - something else etc. (this is with glasses off) but still i never saw this poorly or any of the visual disturbances with them on
13. More night time noise when all the lights are out - and night vision seems worse - possible explanation here?
14. Did I already mention bright light sensativity out doors especially driving at like 7 PM when sun is setting or going into deparment stores and I take my sunglasses
off things feel too bright and I get the line streaks back at me with lights and even if I am not looking at lights. If lights hit a glass surface for example and I blink I will get slighter streaks coming back at me then. It seems like this streaking affect is just everywhere.
If this is an occular thing (it is the eyes themselves) - and someone has missed something on exam (highly unlikely) what additional tests would you have done? Would an Electroretinography be helpful for me regardless of what's going on?
Your answers have been very detailed and I greatly appreciate them - I'm not sure if you are a neuro-opthamologist or just a general one but you have a great deal of knowledge.
I would be most obligize if you are able to consult either some experts on this form or eye gurus in your circle to see if there are any other theories. I am just looking to obtain as much information as possible and any thoughts or theories based on my long emails would help me greatly. I just want my life back as mentioned before and this has been a helacious couple of months.
If you would like or would be willing to talk via phone I can provide my cell. If there is another eye expert (guru) who would be willing to offer phone time as well I would be very happy. Anything people can say as reassurance in the medical community as far as my eyes go is great. If all should return to as it was then I would be greatly appreciated.
I.E. if not occular migraine then what? Although your theory seems to be the best I have heard thus far and seems to fit. Any other out of the box ideas - I'd hate to end up as another statistic on the internet of one of those guys who nobody knows what's gonig on but that doesn't appear to be the case.
P.S. On the off chance they say "yes it's teh Pineal Gland" would these kind of symptoms come from this?
P.S.S. What other reasons can people get feedback when blinking when looking at bright lights or headlights, streetlights or other light source as I do. It's crazy annoying and almost crazier to believe I could be experiencing an occular migrain for 2 months straight.
Finally just to reconfirm - from you answers you feel like what I am going through is tranistory / temporary and no permanent damage or condition is in effect here - aka the world should right itself back to how I remember it?