Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My son was diagnosed saturday w/swollen corneas due to wearing

Customer Question

My son was diagnosed saturday w/swollen corneas due to wearing his contacts to long. He could see to a point on saturday now he is cannot see without being led. His vision has gotten progressively worse. The dr. prescribed Lotemax drops 4 times a day in each eye. He is also having other symptoms such as numbness from his chest down, and trouble urinating since starting the drops. We took him to the emergency room monday night, and they ran lab work and ran urine test and stated everything came back okay. Since then to urinate he has to hold his breath and push to be able to urinate. We are very concerned regarding his vision and the other symptoms. CAn you tell me if these are normal symptoms w/this eye drop, and how long it should be before his vision starts to return
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Doctor DanB :

Lotemax is not known to elicit the side effects you have described. It is possible that these symptoms are related to his corneal problems and that it might not just be swollen corneas from contact lens overuse. You may consider stopping the drop for a couple of days (at his doctor's discretion) to see if the symptoms get better, but these are not known side effects of Lotemax. Does that help address your concerns?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
I am still here if you have questions about my response.