Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I am having Blepharoplasty done. To be safe does welbutrin

Customer Question

I am having Blepharoplasty done. To be safe does welbutrin thin the blood?

also how far in advance should I quit smoking?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Doctor DanB :

Hello and thanks for your question. Wellbutrin does not have any known blood thinning properties to it. Also, as far as smoking is concerned, it can slow the healing process and speed up aging effects in the skin, so as soon as you can stop it the better. However, there is no set time frame that you need to stop the smoking before the surgery; the sooner the better. Does that help answer your questions?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Also, any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated.

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must be examined by your doctor.

I cannot read your answer. Part of it is blocked off.