Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)
9208484

Different eyeglass stores seem to sell/push different progressive

Customer Question

Different eyeglass stores seem to sell/push different progressive lenses and the costs vary widely. My rx is ov +150, rv +2.25. No cylindrical,axis, prism or base corrections. Just aging slightly far-sighted eyeballs. I want the best vision I can have but don't want to pay for technology that I may not need. What lens do you think would be best?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.

Varalux Physio by essilor have very good optics. The vision quality is much better than other lenses. There are two companies with best optics essilor and carl zeiss. These both are expensive. If quality of vision matters a lot to you then I would advise you to go for either of these lenses. If you want to use the glasses occasionally, then any generic lenses will do.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks very much. I had hoped that you would suggest a less expensive option. What, in your opinion, would be the next best lens?
Do you think I would notice a difference if I traded down to the new Varalux Comfort? It's about a hundred dollars less expenisve.