Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon

My right eye is experiencing vision loss at the center. It

My right eye is experiencing vision loss at the center. It seems as though there is a yellow contact lense at the center of my right eye that makes whites look off white, and bright yellow colors look dark yellow. Also, the vision loss is causing reading problems, such as blurriness, in that eye. But it is not as bad as a few days ago. yellows look just slightly darker yellow now, but it really messes up my reading.

When did this problem start?
Does the yellowing go away and come back?
Is it only in one eye or both eyes?
When was your last eye exam?
Do you have diabetes or any other medical problems?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

12 months ago.

The yellowing did go away for a long time, came back a week ago, but seems to be going away again.

Only in right eye.

Last eye exam--20 years ago.

No diabetes or other medical problems

Thank you for the additional information.

The most common cause of slowly progressive vision loss and yellowing of vision is due to cataracts. Cataracts is a aging process where the normally clear lens becomes more opaque over time.

You are young to have cataracts, but it can sometimes be seen in people starting in their 40s. You'll need a dilated eye exam to get a good look at that lens to check its clarity and make sure there are no other problems.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.