Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MBBS, MD (Ophthalomology)

eye..chronic muscle spasm upper chest and shoulder area...muscles

Hi Doctor,I have had blurred vision in my left eye for two days and a sharp pain to the temple which has eased, since i have used this ointment which has relieved my symptoms a little iam using chlorsig i don't have any discharge from the eye and i have also with this had some chronic muscle spasm upper chest and shoulder area.I have been taking magnesium and zinc but not relaxing the muscles at all can you give me your thoughts? cheers John
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. PG replied 6 years ago.

The commonest causes of pain in the temple area with affected vision in the same side eye are -

- glaucoma - raised intraocular pressure of the eye

- uveitis - inflammation in the eye

- rarely migraine headache

- other problems can be a foreign body in the eye, dryness etc

Chlorsig is an ointment used for bacterial conjunctivitis or infection of the eye. Since you have no discharge in the affected eye, it would not be of much help. I would recommend you to consult an Ophthalmologist for a first hand evaluation as soon as possible to diagnose the exact cause and start treatment.