Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284
Eye

I feel something crawling around in my eye suddenly. Is it

a parasite and how do... Show More
a parasite and how do I get rid of it? I have an appointment with eye Dr. Leo Harf in a few days in Nampa, Idaho. What questions should I ask him?
Category: Eye
replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

I suggest that you copiously irrigate your eye with clean tap or distilled water for few minutes 3 times 20-30 mins apart from each other. Start over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily in the affect eye(s). Then apply either the Lacri-tube or Genteal tear gel into the affected eye(s) twice at bedtime. If there is worsened irritation, I suggest that you seek urgent eye care.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
As you may have assumed I have been watching the program Monsters Inside Me and I feel I may have an acanthamoeba in my eye or some other parasite. I see little chains in my eye when I look at a sunny window. Do you think I have a parasite in there? Will flushing my eye get rid of a parasite? Is it around the eye or inside it? I have traveled to different countries and could have picked up a bug and I can feel something in my nose as well. I like your irrigating idea as long as the parasite is on the outside and not the inside. Should I irrigate my nose, too?