Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

I feel something crawling around in my eye suddenly. Is it

Customer Question

I feel something crawling around in my eye suddenly. Is it a parasite and how do I get rid of it? I have an appointment with eye Dr. Leo Harf in a few days in Nampa, Idaho. What questions should I ask him?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Stan replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer:

I suggest that you copiously irrigate your eye with clean tap or distilled water for few minutes 3 times 20-30 mins apart from each other. Start over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily in the affect eye(s). Then apply either the Lacri-tube or Genteal tear gel into the affected eye(s) twice at bedtime. If there is worsened irritation, I suggest that you seek urgent eye care.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As you may have assumed I have been watching the program Monsters Inside Me and I feel I may have an acanthamoeba in my eye or some other parasite. I see little chains in my eye when I look at a sunny window. Do you think I have a parasite in there? Will flushing my eye get rid of a parasite? Is it around the eye or inside it? I have traveled to different countries and could have picked up a bug and I can feel something in my nose as well. I like your irrigating idea as long as the parasite is on the outside and not the inside. Should I irrigate my nose, too?