Dr. Stevens
Dr. Stevens, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified Ophthalmologist

area with white tissue..eye is blood shot on that side as well

The corner of a greeting card caught the out side corner of my eye. There is a large area of blood in that area with white tissue around it. The eye is blood shot on that side as well. I am not experiencing any vision changes but it is uncomfortable.

Hello there

you most likely have a small surface abrasion on the conjunctiva and a subconjunctival hemorrhage (the surface bleed). This is fairly benign and should heal on its own quickly. The scratch will heal overnight, the blood will resorb in 7-14 days. Keep it clean, dont get dirt or dust in there and watch for any discharge as it could be a sign of infection at which point you will need antibiotic eye drops for sure. But for now, if you dont have any, you do not need to rush out and get them so long as you have a clean cut (as you would with a clean greeting card). I wish you well, Dr. Stevens