Dr. Stan
Dr. Stan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Johns Hopkins Fellowship Trained, Certified and Licensed Medical Physician and Surgeon
25472284

How do you treat pink eye

How do you treat pink eye?

Welcome to Just Answer:

To resolve the symptoms of Pink eye, I suggest that you apply cold compresses 2-3 times daily, use of the counter Zaditor eye drop 4 times daily for 1 week, then twice daily for another week. In addition, use over the counter preservative free tear drop such as Refresh or Genteal tear drop 4 times daily. Avoid contaminating others for about 7-10 days with your hands after touching your eyes unless your wash your hands, as this is contagious. If the symptoms fails to resolve significantly in 1 week, I suggest that you follow-up with your eye doctor for closer evaluation and possible prescription for Zylet or Tobradex eye drop 4 times daily of 1 week.

It was a pleasure to assist you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you so much.

A Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Please note that this answer is for information only. It cannot be substituted for the visit to or the recommendation of your doctor.